Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's a New Day.

I shudder to think what kind of life you must lead if you haven't seen or heard about the 44th Presidential Inauguration for the United States of America. That is, assuming you are American. And even if you aren't, it really is amazing how excited foreigners are about the swearing in of President Obama.

I've been getting emails from my customers all over the world congratulating me on our new President. Like it's my birthday or like I just got married. I've found it pretty exciting that everyone is turning to see where we are going to go next with our new President. I am personally looking forward to repairing our relationship with the rest of the world. As a World Traveler the reaction to "I am from the United States" changed drastically over the last six years. I remember feeling a sense of pride from the reaction of others when I said I was American. Now, in the last few years, I've had to really keep quiet and refrain from saying I am from America out of fear for my safety.

I do not expect that everyone is happy about the changing of the guards, but I do think we are all hopeful of what new changes are going to take place and will those changes repair our broken economy AND our relationship with the rest of the world.

Will.I.Am wrote a song that I feel is a good reflection of how most of America (mainly the middle class haha) is feeling. His video can be seen on youtube.com at:

It's a New Day

Elaine
(writing from Valencia, CA today)

No comments: